Hahahaha, I haven't posted since July. Well, that's swell.
Since then a few things have happened:
- mah babeh started kindergarten, and started to read, and didn't even know that what she was doing was reading
- mah big girl started grade one and fell in love with her teacher, and will yell things like "I want to see my teacher right now" when we are still two minutes from the school; she also gets exasperatingly tired going to school five days a week and you know that she does not take that out on the beloved teacher, oh no
- the girls are on the same all girls five and six year old hockey team, and they are so awesome, and I love their little team; I do not love getting up at hella early in the morning to take them to practices (also, the sun doesn't rise until after nine in the morning here in the great white north, so being out in the dark just sucks)
- today, we were treated to a major freak out on the part of big sister because she apparently was tired, and then we were informed that we were not being patient with her, and then there was some issue with her boots, and at eight in the morning, without coffee, I was just kind of losing my mind over it; eventually she decided she just needed more mama time, so I helped her with her equipment and promised her that we would have a cuddle when we got home, and then she went out and kicked some ass, which was awesome
- I started substitute teaching this fall; unfortunately, there were some sort of layoffs around here so a whole bunch of teachers left regular classroom jobs and joined the sub ranks and there is not a whole lot of work to go around; mostly, it's been okay
- I did Nanowrimo again this year and finished all of one day early, which may be the latest that I have finished; I have not looked at what I wrote, in fact, I haven't looked at any of the other three either
I apologize for the crappy bullet point summary, and the crappy grammar and lack of sentences, etc. I just felt like getting a post out, and there it is. Booyah, as my babeh would say.